• Decrease font size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Post your preffered carry choice here

Post your preffered carry choice here 11 months 2 weeks ago #191

• Rifleman1776
  • Junior User
  • Thank you received: 4
My first criteria in a concealed carry gun is it must be concealable.
Three times in my life I have had to produce a gun to dissuade bad guys. (thankfully, never had to shoot) All three times the presence of my pistol made them change their minds and run. All three times the gun was a .22lr.
My current carry guns are an American Arms PX22 (Walther Style) in .22 lr; a Beretta 21A in .22 lr; and my newest a Ruger LCP .380. Love the size of the LCP. I carry in my hip pocket with comfort.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Post your preffered carry choice here 11 months 2 weeks ago #192

• r1derbike
  • Supporting Member
  • Curmudgeon
  • Thank you received: 32
Welcome to the forums, Rifleman 1776!

My carry ATM (because my .45 XD-S is at Springfield) is an Springfield Armory Champion .45.

I also alternate or BUG my wife's Taurus 85 ultra lite with Hogue grips, if she is away.

I prefer the XD-S over the others, as it is a powerhouse in a very small package.
Behind every bullet, is a lawyer...

Post your preffered carry choice here 11 months 2 weeks ago #193

• KBCraig
  • Forum Elite
  • Thank you received: 122
Rifleman1776 wrote:
My first criteria in a concealed carry gun is it must be concealable.
Three times in my life I have had to produce a gun to dissuade bad guys. (thankfully, never had to shoot) All three times the presence of my pistol made them change their minds and run. All three times the gun was a .22lr.
My current carry guns are an American Arms PX22 (Walther Style) in .22 lr; a Beretta 21A in .22 lr; and my newest a Ruger LCP .380. Love the size of the LCP. I carry in my hip pocket with comfort.

Welcome to the forum!

What if you'd never had to produce your concealed gun, because the BG's left you alone when they saw the full size, not-concealed gun you were carrying openly?

There are zero confirmed reports of open carriers "being shot first", but there are several reports of criminals who decided to go elsewhere when they spotted OCers.

Post your preffered carry choice here 11 months 5 days ago #194

• gejoslin
  • Junior User
  • Thank you received: 5
My new preferred carry is a Para Expert 45 in SS. I've always liked single action hammer fired weapons. They fit my hand perfectly and aiming is like pointing my finger.
Isn't it ironic the Second Amendment was put in place to protect us from unjust government trying to be controlled by the government.

Post your preffered carry choice here 8 months 17 hours ago #195

My primary carry gun is a S/A EMP-40, I also have the choice of carrying a Kel-tec P11 or a Taurus TCP 738. It just depends on the weather and how I choose to dress. The EMP is carried in the original kydex holster and the Kel-tec has a belt clip or a Sneaky Pete holster. The Taurus came with a nice ballistic nylon belt case. I could carry the Taurus in my ankle holster but never have. I am currently looking for a comfortable shoulder holster for my full size 1911s.

Post your preffered carry choice here 8 months 5 hours ago #196

• Fletcher
  • New User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hk P30 .49 s&w with crossbreed super tuvk

Post your preffered carry choice here 7 months 3 weeks ago #197

I use a Springfield XD .40 service model with the Pearce grip extensions as my EDC weapon. While out and about I carry it in a Galco Triton kydex IWB holster on the right side with a spare mag in a MagHolder on the left. Around the house, I use a basic Fobus paddle holster.

I love the horizontal presentation of the MagHolder. With vertical holsters, I found the magazine was way too prone to getting tangled in clothing when trying to practice reloads while carrying concealed. A horizontal holster fixes that. However, I HIGHLY recommend getting the 'wrong' hand for weak side carry (i.e. right hand model for left side carry) so that the butt of the mag is forward. I found the butt back presentation for weak side carry recommended by the guy who makes them extremely limiting. With the butt forward, its accessible with either hand as well as from most positions (driving, crouched behind cover, back to a wall, etc), and its still crazy fast to reload with a minimum of practice (I use the blade of my hand to guide the mag into the well with my thumb on the floor plate to drive it in and seat it.)
Ian Wolfe

"The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves . . . will never know."
- The Outer Limits: The Voyage Home

"Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."
- Nikola Tesla

"Without logic, reason is useless. With it, you can win arguments and alienate multitudes."
- Unknown

Duty is heavier than mountains; Death, as light as a feather.
- Japanese proverb

Post your preffered carry choice here 7 months 3 weeks ago #198

• r1derbike
  • Supporting Member
  • Curmudgeon
  • Thank you received: 32
gejoslin wrote:
My new preferred carry is a Para Expert 45 in SS. I've always liked single action hammer fired weapons. They fit my hand perfectly and aiming is like pointing my finger.
My dad is getting one of the "special" para 1911s advertised in the American Rifleman. I believe it is a double stack 1911. Beautiful looking hardware. I'm glad para is back in business!

My XD-S .45 came-back with a slightly heavier trigger pull, but a glass smooth travel and very clean break. I couldn't be happier about it! I shoot it better now, than ever before! I rejoiced by putting a box of Ranger-T +P ammo through it, and still have a sore web and checkered palm. Did wonders for the arthritis too! Think I'm going to dial-back to the standard pressure Ranger-Ts. Not worth the pain for a few more fps...
Behind every bullet, is a lawyer...
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by r1derbike.

Post your preffered carry choice here 5 months 4 weeks ago #199

Everyday carry is a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm in an IWB Remora Tuckable Holster!

S&W 629 44Mag 6 shots 1 month 3 weeks ago #200

Having carried legally :evil: since I became of legal age, I have had semi autos on my person almost all the time, but have most recently decided to carry a good old fashioned wheel gun... it's on the large side size wise, but I like it...
Attachments:
Bryan-44Mag

Automated Tip Line

Add Us to Your Cell Phone!

501-291-4839

This is a voice mail box that forwards your messages to our e-mail.  Give us a call if you have a question about our organization, carrying firearms, or see a business that prohibits lawful carry!

Join our effort to get Pro-2A candidates elected. 
Visit us at:  www.ac-pac.org
www.facebook.com/arkansascarrypac
Arkansas Carry Political Action Committee

Site Visitor Activity

We have 43 guests online
You are here: Forum The Armory Hand Gunners Post your preffered carry choice here