- The name of the corporation will be Arkansas Carry (herein referred to as the "Group").
II. Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall serve without pay and consist of a minimum of five (5) members.
- Board members shall be Arkansas citizens and shall be at least 21 years of age. They shall support and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the Second Amendment, and the Arkansas Constitution.
- Board members shall serve for two (2) years in each term.
- Vacancies shall be filled by the Chairman of the Board.
- Board members with at least fifty percent (50%) absenteeism from regular quarterly board meetings per fiscal year will be dismissed from the board. Absences may be excused by a majority vote by a quorum of the board.
- The Board of Directors includes all officers and appointed Board Members.
- Board members may be dismissed from the Group at by a majority vote either online or during any called meeting.
- The officers of the Board shall consist of a Chairman of the Board, Executive Director, and Communications Director.
- Elected officers will serve for one year.
- The Chairman of the Board will preside at all Board meetings, appoint committee members, assign quarterly meeting dates, and perform other duties as associated with the office.
- The Chairman of the Board may appoint, at his sole discretion, another Board Member to preside over any meetings in his absence.
- The Executive Director shall be responsible for the main website of the organization, maintaining and updating it as the Group desires.
- The Communications Director will be responsible for public relations and communication for the Group.
- In the event an elected officer no longer actively participates in the Group a special vote may be called by any officer to remove said Officer from his position. In the event an Officer is removed from his position he or she may be assigned a position as a Board Member at the sole discretion of the Chairman of the Board.
- Establishing a new Officer within the Group requires the unanimous approval of all the current Officers.
- The Board shall appoint standing and ad hoc committees as needed.
- Regular meetings shall be held four (4) times a year with dates to be determined by the Board.
- Special meetings may be held at any time when called for by the Chair or by a majority of Board members.
- Agendas shall be provided at least seven (7) days in advance.
- All meetings will be audio recorded and made available to the group (online) within two weeks of the meeting.
- Voting on issues relevant to the Group shall take place on the designated area of the Website or during a designated meeting.
- Officers and Board Members may present items to the Board to vote upon.
(a) A majority of board members constitutes a quorum.
(b) In absence of a quorum, no formal action shall be taken.
(c) Motions presented to the Board for a vote online should be posted on the designated area of the website and an e-mail notice must be sent to all Board Members indicating an item needs to be voted on.
(d) Motions presented by non-Officers must be seconded by an Officer for a vote to be held on said motion.
- Passage of a motion requires a simple majority (ie, one more than half the members present).
- Voting records will be kept for an indefinite period by the Group on all issues presented to the Board. Voting records will be posted and maintained by the Exec. Director of Web Development.
(a) Voting results from physical meetings will be recorded by for posting to the online record.
VII. Conflict of Interest
- Any member of the board who has a financial, personal, or official interest in, or conflict (or appearance of a conflict) with any matter pending before the Board, of such nature that it prevents or may prevent that member from acting in an impartial manner, will offer to the Board to voluntarily excuse him/herself and will vacate his seat and refrain from discussion and voting on said item.
VII. Fiscal Policies
- The fiscal year-end of the board shall be December 31st.
- Financial reports for each year will be published online and made available for inspection by all paid members.
- Quarterly updates may also be provided online.
- These by-laws may be amended by a majority vote of Board members present at any meeting, provided a quorum is present and provide a copy of the proposed amendment(s) are provided to each Board member.